2008-10-01

Maytag Makes Junk

What a sad day ... Less than 3 years ago, I received a Maytag Neptune Washer. What happy thoughts I had of "Its a Maytag, it will last FOREVER!" What a load of crap.

Within 3 years I have had the Maytag Repair Man out to fix various major issues several times. And now the clutch and the gear box are out -- about a $1,000 repair according to the Maytag Man. Who said shaking his head, "These were manufactured as a piece of crap."

Wow, was he right. I did a little research online and class action lawsuits, as well as comment after comment about how unhappy people have been with their washer. I can see why!

When I called Maytag today to try to ask for some assistance with this difficulty. I was told that "it's just a machine, and they do break." REALLY? An $800 washing machine, and three years later it is no longer usable?? Wow - your marketing suggests otherwise!

I asked in humility for their help. Maytag's response was "sorry - we won't help you." My response to them, was "I will make sure to tell everyone I know what kind of company you are."

Next on the agenda ... forgive Maytag.




No comments: